Powertec Telecommunications constantly strive to remain adaptive to current technology and industry trends. This is why we choose to partner with industry leaders such as Robustel, whose products inspire our team of experts to deliver exciting and innovative projects. Here is an excellent example of the capabilities of Robustel’s state-of-the-art routers and modems:
Robustel Power IoT CCTV Solutions
Robustel’s 3G and 4G routers are often used by professionals in the CCTV sector to provide remote access to CCTV devices such as DVRs (Digital Video Recorders), NVRs (Network Video Recorders) and IP Cameras. The key feature of the R2000 Dual is a built-in, 4 port PoE (Power over Ethernet) switch, that can provide power and data to IP cameras along a single run of CAT5 cable saving the cost and complexity of installing a separate power cable to each camera. Support for 802.3at Power over Ethernet means 30W of power can be delivered on each of the 4 x PoE ports providing adequate power for PTZ cameras as well as static IP CCTV cameras.
Robustel Benefits at a glance
- Built-in PoE Switch – This means IP cameras can be switched off/on remotely, potentially saving the cost of a site visit to reboot a ‘crashed’ camera.
- ‘RobustVPN’ – A unique networking solution from Robustel. Allows deployers to make a remote connection to any camera, DVR or NVR directly using any SIM anywhere on the planet without the need for a static IP address.
- ‘Data Limiting’ App – Provides protection against unexpected 4G data over usage bills – streaming video can burn through data fast so a safety net is essential.
- Dual-SIM Routers – Robustel routers come equipped with Dual-SIM slots and allow seamless switching between multiple carriers in the event of a network outage or signal loss.
- ‘Dual module’ routers – Allows 2 x 4G SIMs to be used concurrently. The router can switch to a backup 4G path in under 3 seconds – ideal for critical security applications.
- ‘Failover mode’ – Router can be configured to use a standard internet connection (ADSL/fibre) as a primary internet connection & only use 4G data on primary connection loss.
Create your own application using RobustOS
All Robustel routers run the Linux-based, “RobustOS” operating system.
Because Robustel writes the router Operating System in-house, Robustel’s levels of tech support and software customisation far exceed the typical capabilities available in the market.
This means that users in the CCTV market can develop a dedicated application for Robustel’s routers to customise the product’s behaviour to exactly meet the project’s demands.
An example of such an application would be to report connection based variables such as signal strength, data consumed, running time, change in connection state of LAN port (ie. camera unplugged) and others to a head-end software package giving operators instant network status changes or threats.
Cloud Device Management and VPN Access through RCMS
Robustel Cloud Manager Service (RCMS) is Robustel’s custom IoT software platform and eco-system. Connecting your Robustel device to RCMS opens up a world of applications to make managing devices, connectivity and provisioning simple.
Use the Robustlink Device Manager App inside RCMS to instantly access your connected devices from anywhere. Allowing you remotely configure, update apps & firmware, debug error logs and view data usage at any time.
Use the RobustVPN App inside RCMS to create allocate one or many of your deployed devices to a VPN group which can they be accessed through the RobustVPN desktop application to access your deployed devices without the security risk of a public IP address or the need for private Static IP allocation from your carrier.
Recommend Product for an IoT CCTV Setup:
- Embedded dual-module supporting two SIM cards online simultaneously
- Four fast Ethernet LAN port supporting Power over Ethernet 12.95 W of POE/30 W of POE+ shared across the four LAN ports
- Supports Cellular, WAN, WLAN link backup and ICMP detection; also supports cold back up, warm back up and load balancing
- WAN – Static/PPPOE/DHCP Client
- Wi-Fi supporting AP mode and Client mode
- VPN tunnel – IPsec/OpenVPN/GRE/L2TP/PPTP/DMVPN
- Auto reboot via SMS/Timing
- Supports RobustLink (a centralized M2M management platform for remote monitoring, configuration and firmware upgrade)
- Management and upgrading via web user interface/
- Supports various APP like QoS, DDNS, VRRP, Captive Portal, SNMP, WLAN multi, multi-language
- Easy wall or DIN rail mounting options
- Dual SIM redundancy for continuous 2G/3G/4G cellular network connections
- The feature Link Manager supporting Cellular WAN, Ethernet WAN, WLAN WAN link backup and ICMP detection
- WAN – Static/PPPoE/DHCP Client
- WAN port supporting PD feature – compatible with 802.3at. (optional)
- RobustOS + SDK + App
- Management and maintenance via Web/CLI/SMS/RobustLink Cloud
- Auto reboot via SMS/Timing
- Robust industrial design (9 to 36V DC, desktop or wall mounting or DIN rail mounting)
- The feature Link Manager supporting WWAN1, WWAN2, Ethernet WAN, WLAN WAN link backup and ICMP detection
- The option Backup Mode supporting cold, warm and load balancing
- RobustOS + SDK + App
- Management and maintenance via Web/CLI/SNMP/RobustLink Cloud
- Robust industrial design (9 to 60V DC, desktop or wall mounting or DIN rail mounting)