The dual-band Wi-Fi connection propagates around tunnel bends in a Non-Line of Sight scenario and provides immunity to many Wi-Fi signal disrupting objects. This can include trains and drilling machinery which appear to obscure the tunnel.
Poynting HELI-0013 Circular Polarised, Uni-Directional Mine/Tunnel Antenna; Dual-Band WiFi, 2400-2500MHz/ 5000-6000MHz
The HELI-13 is a set of dual 2.4GHz and 5GHz antennas, radiating in one direction (i.e. Uni-directional). This makes them ideal for the coverage of both 2.4GHz and 5GHz in mining and other types of tunnels. These antennas are typically used for the deployment of IoT within the tunnel to provide telemetry and mine automation.
This antenna is available with both Left Hand Circular (LHC) & Right-Hand Circular (RHC) polarised antenna elements to provide optimal decorrelation within a MIMO deployment.
- A circular Polarised HELI antenna provides enhanced signal propagation and connection stability within a tunnel.
- Left-Hand Circular (LHC) & Right-Hand Circular (RHC) Polarised options available.
- Uni-directional – radiates in one direction in a tunnel.
- Ruggedized water and dust ingress protected (IP65).
- Ideal for Mining & Tunnel M2M and IoT deployments.